Important Traffic Advisory for the Atlanta Campus
We will host nearly 175,000 people this weekend at the Atlanta campus.
The GWCC is hosting the International Woodworking Fair (IWF) with an estimated attendance of 25,000 people per day from Wednesday through Saturday.
The Georgia Dome will host the Atlanta Falcons second home game of the season, a preseason tilt with the Tennessee Titans on Saturday. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:00 p.m.
To celebrate its Grand Opening, the College Football Hall of Fame and Chick-fil-A Fan Experience will host the “Ultimate Tailgate” from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday.
The complimentary, family-friendly tailgate will feature a visit from the ESPN College GameDay bus, a free kids’ football clinic hosted by Kids and Pros, a live broadcast from 680 The Fan, children’s activities, music by a DJ and the Clark Atlanta drum line, games and prizes. Cheerleaders and favorite college mascots (including the Hall’s new mascot, “Fumbles”) will also join the celebration outside of the Hall and in Centennial Olympic Park.
In addition to all of the on campus activities the Atlanta Track Club will be hosting the Atlanta’s Finest 5K race in the area around Centennial Olympic Park.
If you are working or will be downtown this weekend, you will want to familiarize yourself with the following:
- Portions of Baker Street will be closed from 6:00 a.m. until 9:00 a.m. on Saturday for the Atlanta’s Finest 5K
- Marietta Street will be closed in the area around the Hall of Fame Saturday morning and should be re-opened by 1:00 p.m.
- Andrew Young International Boulevard, both through Centennial Olympic Park and up to International Plaza, will be closed the entire day on Saturday.
- In preparation for the upcoming Spring Street Bridge closure, crews will begin working to convert Centennial Olympic Park Drive, between Walton and MLK, to two-way traffic. Two-way thoroughfare for this portion of COP will begin Saturday afternoon, assuming the weather permits work crews to complete the necessary conversions.
- Spring Street COP Plan
- The New Atlanta Stadium construction project is taking place on the south side of the Georgia Dome in the area that was the orange lot, purple lot, brown lot and silver lot, resulting in about 1,300 fewer parking spots around the Dome.
- The New Atlanta Stadium construction project also forced the closure of Georgia Dome Drive along with portions of Mitchell St. and MLK Jr. Dr.
- The ticket office/will call windows for the Georgia Dome have moved to the other side of the building and can now be found between gates B and C, look for the large balloons!
Recommendations for fans to get to the GWCCA in the quickest and easiest manner:
- The absolute easiest way is to take MARTA! Many MARTA stations offer FREE parking and the train drops off just steps from all of the GWCCA Campus facilities. More information on riding MARTA to the GWCCA campus can be found here: http://gadome.com/guest/directions/Marta.aspx
- Fans that are driving to the GWCCA campus should plan to pre-purchase parking. Advanced parking is very limited, but will guarantee a spot in one of our official parking lots (while supplies last). Event parking can be purchased here: http://gadome.com/guest/directions/Parking.aspx
- Falcons fans who already have a parking pass should use the Falcons interactive traffic map to find the quickest route to your lot: http://www.seats3d.com/nfl/atlanta_falcons/
- The NFL Clear Bag Policy will be in effect at the Georgia Dome on Saturday. Complete info on the NFL bag policy can be found at http://www.nfl.com/allclear
- Please be a good neighbor to all of our friends who live near the GWCCA Campus, parking is at a premium and sometimes a spot is impossible to find. Do not park in unauthorized areas in the local neighborhoods or you risk being ticketed and/or towed.