Be Stewards: Serve the Earth
Reminder: There are two opportunities to #BeStewards leading up to Earth Day, which is Saturday, April 22.
Earth Day Clean Up:
- Sign up for Friday (April 21) morning’s Earth Day Clean Up by Wednesday (April 19)– please e-mail your intention to volunteer (and secure your GWCCA Be Stewards T-shirt) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will help clean up the area around Proctor Creek. This project was chosen not only due to its proximity just west of campus, but because this watershed feeds into the Chattahoochee River, which is the primary water source for metro Atlanta and our partners at Sweetwater Brewery/420 Festival.
Recycle for Good Aluminum Bottle/Can Collection:
- What: An aluminum bottle/can competition starting TODAY! The functional area that collects the most cans/bottles will receive a prize and bragging rights.
- When: A weigh-in of the cans will take place in the MARSH on Friday, April 21 at 3 p.m. to determine the winning team. Please contact Ima Otudor at email@example.com for more information.
- Why: With help from Novelis, the official recycling partner of the Atlanta Falcons, the cans will contribute to the Recycle for Good project which aims to collect three million aluminum cans and bottles to fund a Habitat for Humanity home in Atlanta’s historic Westside neighborhood. We have already assisted in amassing more than one million cans collected after Falcons home games at the Georgia Dome.
- Where: Special aluminum collection bins will be placed in GWCC breakrooms – be sure to use the ones associated with your functional area.
- Who: You (and your functional area: Administration, Commercial, and Operations).
And don’t forget: Next week each functional area will be competing to raise the most funds for the State Charitable Contributions Campaign. Start your planning now…