Breaking News: Can Collection Challenge Extended
Please be aware that we are extending the can collection for the Recycle for Good Project for the remainder of Earth Month (April) and the new deadline for participation is at noon Monday, May 1. We decided to give more time for team members to save up and bring in aluminum cans and aluminum bottles. Drop off bins are located in your respective employee break rooms (see image above) with a weigh-in set for Monday, May 1.
And remember it’s for a good cause: building a Habitat for Humanity home on the historic Westside.
If you have any questions please direct them to our Recycling Specialist, Ima Otudor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recycle for Good Aluminum Bottle/Can Collection:
- What: An aluminum bottle/can competition. The functional area that collects the most cans/bottles will receive a prize and bragging rights.
- When: A weigh-in of the collected materials will take place in the Levy Warehouse, adjacent to the freight elevators, Level 1, at 3 p.m. Monday, May 1 to determine the winning team.
- Why: With help from Novelis, the official recycling partner of the Atlanta Falcons, the materials collected will contribute to the Recycle for Good project which aims to collect three million aluminum cans and bottles to fund a Habitat for Humanity home in Atlanta’s historic Westside neighborhood. We have already assisted in amassing more than one million cans collected after Falcons home games at the Georgia Dome.
- Where: Special aluminum collection placed in GWCC break rooms – be sure to use the ones associated with your functional area.
- Who: You (and your functional area: Administration, Commercial, and Operations).