Staff Parking Advisory for Monday June 12th
Starting this Saturday, June 10, the GWCCA will host the Rotary International Convention. With an estimated 40,000 attendees from around the globe, we are expecting heavier than normal parking and traffic conditions over the duration of the convention.
In an effort to better accommodate our guests, we are reserving the ENTIRETY of the Red and Gold Decks for attendee parking ONLY. We will accommodate ALL team members with a hangtag that normally park in the Red and Gold decks into Halls C1-C2 from Monday, June 12, 2017 through Wednesday, June 14 (6:00AM – 6:00PM). We have attached specific instructions with a map with photos on how to access this parking area.
Additionally, here are directions to access the C1 and C2 halls:
- Proceed to the Marshalling Yard via Marietta St. or Northside Dr. to Ivan Allen Blvd. and turn into the lot. You will not be able to access the docks directly off of Ivan Allen Blvd. at the security booth.
- Display your current hangtag for the parking attendant to see and they will grant entry.
- You will then be directed by signage and flaggers through the lot into the back loading dock area. Follow instructions from flaggers to enter Halls C1-C2 for parking.
- Once you have parked your vehicle, you will proceed through the dock area into Building B. See orange arrow depicted on map. Attendants will be on hand to assist with directional information.
A few additional conditions to keep in mind as you travel to work next week:
- Expect heavier than normal traffic around campus streets. Please allot 15-20 additional minutes to reach your destination on time.
- While traffic on Monday is expected to be the heaviest, Saturday – Wednesday will all be greater than normal.
We appreciate your cooperation and understand that this will be the first experience for some relocating their parking area. Should you have additional questions, please feel free to reach out to Erik Waldman, Senior Director of Client and Guest services, at email@example.com.