As the final stages of the Georgia Dome’s decommission continue, November 20th has been announced as the confirmed date for the venue’s implosion. Information on the implosion and traffic closures can be read below. Please stay tuned to Catalyst for updates and additional information regarding this event.
SUPERVISORS AND DEPT HEADS: Please share this information with team members who may not have access to computers/email.
Georgia Dome Implosion Information and Traffic Closures
WHAT: On Friday, October 20th, traffic message signs began to remind commuters of surrounding road closures for the morning of the Georgia Dome implosion. These reminders will run until the morning of the implosion, scheduled for Monday, November 20th at 7:30 a.m.
WHEN: Starting at 5:30 a.m. on Monday, November 20th, major intersections and several residential roads listed below will be closed; it is anticipated that all roads will reopen by 11:00 a.m.
• Andrew Young International Blvd from Phillips Drive to Centennial Pkwy NW
• Phillips Drive from Centennial Pkwy NW to Andrew Young International Blvd NW
• Magnum St NW from MLK Jr Drive to Marietta St NW
• Northside Drive from MLK Drive NW to Joseph E Boone Blvd NW
• Maple St NW from MLK Drive NW to Northside Drive NW
• Electric Ave NW from Maple St NW to Spencer St NW
• Postell Street NW from Maple St NW to Rhodes St NW
• Rhodes St NW from Electric Ave NW to Northside Drive NW
• Magnolia St NW from Electric St NW to Northside Drive NW
• Thurmond St NW from Electric Ave NW to Northside Drive NW