Georgia Dome Supplemental Implosion
WHAT: A supplemental implosion of the Georgia Dome to remove Gate B and the East Wall has been set. This process has been determined to be the safest method to bring down the remaining infrastructure still standing.
WHEN: WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 20TH at 1:00 a.m.
*** MARTA TO SUSPEND RAIL SERVICE BEGINNING AT 11:30 PM ON DEC. 19***
- A traffic suspension on Northside Drive will be in place from 12:30 am – 1:30 am. Traffic will be re-routed at Ivan Allen Blvd. and Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
- MARTA Rail service from Five Points to Vine City will be suspended beginning at 11:30 p.m. on Tuesday, December 19th with bus shuttle service available as an alternative. Please visit itsmarta.com for additional schedule information.
- A 450 foot safety zone will be in effect around the perimeter of the Georgia Dome. To see the zone, click here.
- There will be no public viewing areas
- There will be no media staging areas or post-implosion interviews
Please share this information and stayed tuned to Catalyst for any additional updates.